DEPARTMENT OF M.A ECONOMICS
Economics is the Queen of Social Science; economics is a subject of study which helps our students to broaden their knowledge be it in education, business, and corporate, administrative and present economic conditions. Economics plays a major role in everyone’s life and economic growth of a nation.
Scope of M.A Economics
• The candidate can become Lecturer/Professor in colleges and universities.
• The course will be useful for those want to study further and research in this field like M.Phil or PhD.
• The course will be useful to write Indian Economics Services (IES) examination.
With the objective of providing higher education to the rural student’s one of important subject, Master of Economics was introduced in our college in the year 2012-13.
The M.A Economics is a postgraduate master's degree, comprising training in economic theory, econometrics and applied economics. M.A Economics course is offered as a terminal degree for two years under Mangalore University. The curriculum is structured around core and optional topics as prescribed by the University. Entry requirements are undergraduate students with B.A in economics as a major subject.
Vision of the Department:
“To provide our students a strong academic foundation in Economics”
Mission of Department:
• To maintain high quality standard in teaching and learning
• To encourage research and extension programs.
• To encourage self evaluation and personality development.
• To guide the students to strive towards perfection and competence.
Facilities available in the department:
• Trained and skilled faculty
• Well furnished with digital enabled class rooms
• Separate Library for Master Degree
• Hostel facilities for boys and Girls
• Internet access to the students
• Indoor and outdoor sports
• Canteen facilities
Year Class No of Students
2012-13 I M A 17
2013-14 I M A 30
II M A 16
2014-15 I M A 12
II M A 28
2015-16 I M A 17
II M A 10
2016-17 I M A 21
II M A 15
2017-18 I M A 15
II M A 18
Years Appeared Pass Percentage
2012-13 17 16 96 %
2013-14 46 44 96%
2014-15 40 40 100%
2015-16 27 27 100%
2016-17 36 36 100%
• Organizing State level Economics Fest
• Investiture Day celebration
• Industrial Visit
• Guest talk
• Conducting Seminars
• Student faculty
• Cultural activity
• Project work
• Conducting Surveys
• Teachers Day celebration
• Ethnic Day
• Cooking without fire competition
• Earn while you learn program