ABOUT BBA COURSE
In the world of business, managers are a critical. Effective organizations require leaders who understand and can shape organizational culture, can adapt to or inspire change, can identify and implement effective strategies, and are capable of coordinating and facilitating the efforts of others to accomplish organizational goals.
The Department of Management at the Cauvery College delivers an undergraduate management degree designed to provide you with a deeper understanding of leadership, and a broad conceptual understanding of the challenges managers and leaders face in the 21st century. A degree in management gives you the advantage you need to succeed in competitive business environments.
The Department of Business Management started functioning in this college from the academic year 1996-97. The number of students admitted then was 28 . But now we have a total of 153. Area of the department is 150 Sq.mt. From the very beginning this Department has had the privilege of obtaining services of high standard from dedicated teachers.
Facilities Business Laboratory
Our department has a skill development component where students go through more of practical aspects of modern day business. They have to be taught with practical use of various forms like
Industrial Visits In the recent past the staff and students have visited following industrial and commercial undertakings.
- Tata Coffee Ltd., Pollibetta. S.Coorg
- Mangalore Tiles .Mangalore
- New Mangalore Port Trust. Mangalore
- Kirloskar Systems. Bangalore
- Mangalore chemicals and fertilizers, Mangalore
- Tata Tea Factory, T. Shettigeri, Srimangala
More than 100 of final year students have taken up project work in lieu of auditing in various fields like “Material Management, Marketing, Personnel Management, etc” Educational tour for students has been conducted
Our department has a skill development component where students go through more of practical aspects of modern day business. They have to be taught with practical use of various forms like,
- Income Tax Returns Form
- Account Sales
- Debit Note
- Credit Note
- Bin Cards
- Wage Sheet
- Pass Book
- Cheque Leaf
- Account Opening Form
- Published Accounting
- Audit Reports
- Project Reports
- Bills Receivable
- Ware House Receipts
- Policy Opening
Activities conducted for the year 2017-18
- Quiz competition on 7-7-2017.
- Talk on GST by Nayana Thammaiah Dept of Commerce.
- Orientation on Banking Exams by Akash Dube.
- Awareness on Legal Services by Mohan Prabhu Secretary- Zilla consumer pradikara Kendra Madikeri.
- PPT on Effects of junk food.
- Quiz competition on Advertising.
- Banking coaching classes by Thimmaiah .B.K.
- Guest Lecturer on Job opportunities in Aviation Industry.
- Competitive exams coaching for the civil services and banking.