DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
It is one of the oldest departments of the college. The department acknowledges the rich contribution made by Prof. Venkataramaiah, Prof. Sathyanarayana, Prof. A.M. Cariappa and Prof. C.B. Belliappa whose relentless service in the initial years firmly established the department in the college.
The department makes use of modern teaching aids to supplement the lecture method. The department also conducts co-curricular and extracurricular activities for the benefit of students. The department takes initiative in conducting placement support activities, such as Group Discussion, Mock Personal Interviews, Quiz and other soft skill development programmes.
DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY
The department has a separate library which has 300 books and a number of journals and magazines.
Student support Programmes:
- Remedial coaching classes are regularly conducted for the slow learners.
- Class toppers are given extra guidance and coaching.
- Special classes are also conducted in practical papers.
The Association regularly conducts personality development and soft skills enhancement programmes such as Group discussion, Mock interviews, Business Quiz, Analytical ability tests etc. Besides Seminars, Subject Quiz are also conducted.
Factory visits, Annual Tours and Picnics are also arranged every year.
Activities conducted for the year 2017-18
- Orientation programme for First B.Com students on 23-7-17.
- Student faculty for I B.Com(B) on the topic Motivation on 7-7-17.
- Inter-class activity,guest talk by Mrs.Nayana Thammaiah on the topic “Minor” on 12-7-17.
- 13-7-17 guest talk by T.C.Devnath, environmentalist to all B.Com students.
- Guest talk by Nayana Thammaiah on topic G.S.T on 12-7-17.
- Guest talk by Nayana Thammaiah on G.S.T for III B.B.A students.
- Guest talk on G.S.T to I B.A students by III B.Com ‘B’ Mr. Pushparaj and Mr. Dixith.
- 13 students subscribed “The Hindu” newspaper.
- Keerthana and Ms.Simran gave a talk on G.S.T to I B.Com ‘A’.
- Teachers day celebrations organized by III B.Com students to all the faculties.
- I B.Com student Kaveramma K.J gave a talk on Top 10 Richest person in India to I B.B.A students.
- Orientation on C.S courses was conducted on 18-9-17 by Mr.Manjunath R and Mr.Dhanbal from Mysore chapter to commerce students.
- A student faculty program was done by Ms.Chaitravastea on the topic “Accounting concepts”.
- Students faculty by Mr.Vignesh Kumar on the topic “Depreciation”.
- Guest talk on Company Law by B.M Madappa Advocate ,Virajpet to final year students.
- Talk on “Career guidance and job opportunities by Mr.Thammaiah N.K for final year students who is operations Lead-South CL Educte Ltd.
- A talk on facing interview and resume preparation by C.P Sujay.
- Guest talk by Mr.Ponappa A.M on G.S.T to I B.Com students.
- A lecture by Mr.Salim Hasan, corporate trainer consultant, Avon Consultancy, Bangalore.
- Orientation on job opportunities in Aviation industry on 24-2-18 by Divya Kaveramma.
- Competitive exams for the civil services and banking was conducted by Tricolor Academy Madikeri on 4-3-18 and Shobitha K.R of III B.Com is selected for training programme.
For Activities report of 2019-20 – Click here